PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Rehabilitation Counselor Fed Contracts
Job Code: C79 - PR-Rehab Counselor-Fed
HR Title Group: Rehabilitation Services
Salary Grade: E12
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approval Date: August 2019
There may be direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision the Rehabilitation Counselor assists in recruitment and provides ongoing support to people with disabilities at a federal Ability One contract. Employees in this job class are responsible for documenting and maintaining case files on employees with disabilities. This job class requires knowledge in the vocational rehabilitation field.
1. *Supports Ability One Recruiter in activities with local referring agencies (State Departments of Rehabilitation, Veterans Association, Mental Health etc.) to facilitate recruitment and support for people with disabilities.
2. *Understands and complies with the qualifying requirements for Ability One including completion of all initial documentation for applicants with disabilities.
3. *Completes and maintains all records and files in accordance to PRIDE and Ability One requirements for employees with disabilities.
4. *Documents and maintains case files to include reasonable accommodations, progress on the job, job evaluation etc.
5. *Prepares for Ability One audits.
6. *Provides ongoing support and assistance to employees with disabilities on the job and assists them with resolving issues that are affecting their employment.
7. *Coordinates employee relations issues with Human Resources.
8. *Provides ongoing support and assistance to leads, supervisors and managers in working with employees with disabilities.
9. *Provides a positive public image of PRIDE and our mission to the community.
10. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• Three or more years’ experience in Case Management or Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling in the private sector;
• Experience working on Ability One Contracts preferred;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by management, team, vendors and/or customers;
• Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and internal customers;
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
• Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business problems;
• Demonstrated customer service, common sense, problem solving and analytical skills;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
Bachelors in Vocational Rehabilitation or related field
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Viewing computer screen/monitor
• Utilizing keyboard
• Answering phone/making calls
Work is primarily performed at a customer’s location in an office / shop environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise and/or noise from equipment. Transporting to locations with the work site may be required. Employees may also be exposed to extreme cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Software Powered by iCIMS