Job: General Maintenance Worker
Job Code: J72 - JB-General Maint Worker 1
SCA Occup: 23370 General Maintenance Worker
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: March 2017
Under general supervision, the General Maintenance Worker performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work. Work involves a variety of duties other than those of skilled craft workers, with attention to knowing and using safe work practices.
1. * Replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors.
2. * Using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
3. * Repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets.
4. * Painting structures and equipment.
5. * Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks.
6. * Replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles.
7. * Hanging doors and installing door locks.
8. * Replacing broken window panes.
9. * Performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
10. May also perform duties and operate equipment related to sign-making.
11. May purchase and pick up required supplies and materials charged to company to complete various projects.
12. Frequent travel between facilities is required.
13. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• One year of work experience in general building maintenance, or demonstrated ability to use hand and power tools (such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, precision measures, electronic/electronic testing devices), and knowledge of and ability to properly use specialized equipment, including that used in one or more of the trades of electrical, plumbing or general carpentry;
• Use and maintenance of own tools may be required;
• Ability to manage material resources and time;
• Ability to work safely;
• Ability to follow directions, instructions, structured process and procedures, and to complete tasks;
• Customer service skills to act responsively to customer inquiries and requests; and escalate the more difficult matters appropriately;
• Communication skills to provide procedural and factual information, and to follow written and oral instructions;
• Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities, and to build effective working relationships with staff, customers and others;
• Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving and common sense skills;
• Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time, and adapt to changing work priorities;
• Ability to travel to various facilities, and to work independently and as a team.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Standing and walking
• Bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching
• Lifting of boxes or equipment up to 50 pounds
• Climbing ladders or step stools
Work is performed at a customer’s location in office, shop, warehouse, or outdoor environment. May require driving to and from worksite locations. Equipment can be located in crawl spaces, rooftops, and outside facility. Employees may be exposed to hazardous and/or toxic substances, electrical shock, noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Software Powered by iCIMS