PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Janitorial Manager
Job Code: A19 - PR-Janitorial Manager
HR Title Group: Federal Contracts (except Facilities)
Salary Grade: E13
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approval Date: September 2021
There are direct reports with this position.
Under minimal supervision, the Janitorial Manager oversees and manages custodial services at various sites under the terms of federal contract. Employees in this job class interface with customers, organize and assign work, establish processes and procedures, and ensure that safety and quality programs are followed. This job class requires knowledge of custodial practices, contract and staff management, working with developmentally disabled and/or physically challenged adults, and the ability to organize and manage staff in multiple locations.
1. *Coordinates, directs, and manages custodial supervisors and staff in performing a variety of cleaning and maintenance duties to ensure that facilities remain clean and free of safety hazards. Ensures that services are provided and within the terms of contracts and maintains records of all work performed.
2. *Maintains professional relationship with commercial and/or federal customers, assuring services are being performed in accordance with contract, and resolving any problems with services.
3. *Supervises employees; ensures a competent, motivated team through hiring, training, development, counseling and reviewing the performance of employees.
4. *Oversees supply, equipment maintenance and purchasing and subcontractors.
5. *Organizes, assigns and coordinates work; and manages assigned staff, client workers, and contract vendors to perform custodial services.
6. *Schedules and prioritizes tasks, and ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
7. *Oversees rehab counseling, training and assistance for client workers who are adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges. Creates and documents behavioral and vocational objectives, and maintains reports and files associated with counseling.
8. *Conducts and participates in regular staff, leadership, committee, and offsite meetings. Prepares agendas, rosters, and presentation materials for various meetings.
9. *Fills in for custodial supervisors and crew leads in their absence; and performs a variety of minor plumbing, electrical, wall repair, painting, lock repair, and light duty vehicle and mechanical equipment repairs as needed.
10. *Prepares and submits a variety of reoccurring reports, business correspondence, agendas, presentation materials, and certificates.
11. *Acts as an information source regarding contracts, department services and operations.
12. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
•High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
•Five or more years of experience in custodial services and/or building maintenance, including at least three years in a supervisory position;
•Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, preferred;
•Knowledge of Cal OSHA and OSHA occupational safety regulations;
•Knowledge of departmental operations and procedures, and organizational policies;
•Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
•Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet production/service goals while adhering to safety policies and rules;
•Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by senior management, customers and/or employees;
•Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills;
•Exceptional customer service skills;
•Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team, customers and public;
•Advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
•Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
•Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
•Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business, operational and strategic management problems;
•Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
•Viewing computer screen/monitor
•Answering phone/making calls
•Maneuvering in and around the worksite
•Standing and walking
•Bending, kneeling, squatting and stooping
Work is performed in an office environment or at a customer’s location. Employees may be exposed to toxic chemicals, noise from equipment in maintenance environment and depending on indoor or outdoor conditions, exposure to cold and heat. Travel between buildings or other job sites is required for some positions. Employees may be required to work in excess of 8 hours in a day and/or 40 hours per week.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Software Powered by iCIMS