Job: Environmental Services Ops Manager
Job Code: L31 - PR-EnvSvcs Operations Mgr
HR Title Group: Hospital Housekeeping
Salary Grade: E14
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approval Date: August 2017
There are direct reports with this position.
Under minimal supervision, the Environmental Services Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining daily custodial activities at a high standard and quality throughout a healthcare facility. Employees in this job class monitor, train and supervise employees and provide staff and performance management to assure quality control, safety, and security on an ongoing basis. This job class requires comprehensive knowledge of healthcare custodial techniques, environmental compliance regulations, safety/security protocols, as well as broad-based experience with custodial operations in a healthcare environment.
1. *Oversees the daily activities related to custodial operations in a healthcare environment including resource allocation, recruitment, selection, training and development, performance evaluation, motivation, counseling, conflict management, discipline, discharge, and workers’ compensation.
2. *Assists the Site Manager with developing staffing plans and ensures mission ratio compliance through direct coordination with Case Managers and operations team.
3. Supervises employees; ensures a competent, motivated team through hiring, training, development, counseling and reviewing the performance of employees.
4. *Assigns tasks and work schedules to employees as needed.
5. *Ensures all employees are clocked in at the correct time and at their stations and working. Make sure that all areas are staffed.
6. *Routinely inspects assigned areas for cleanliness and collaborates with the QC staff to make sure all employees are following established processes and procedures to attain customer satisfaction.
7. *Ensures all employees follow all facility safety policies and procedures and maintain security of key assignments at all times.
8. *Addresses operational requests and complaints with a sense of urgency and positive interface with the customer.
9. *Complies with all local State, and Federal regulations related to the contract performance. Ensures housekeeping practices comply with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization, AHE Practice Guidance, and Federal Regulatory Agencies.
10. *Acquires and maintains all supplies required to perform cleaning duties. Ensure supplies are available to the employees in order for them to complete their assigned tasks.
11. *Regularly meets with customer representatives to ensure continuing communication and customer satisfaction.
12. *Attends departmental meetings on a regular basis.
13. *Assists the Site Manager with developing staffing plans and ensures mission ratio compliance through direct coordination with Case Managers and operations team.
14. Assumes responsibility for the contract compliance and related activities in the absence of the Site Manager.
15. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
*Denotes Essential Job Function
• Five or more years of custodial operations management experience with increasingly responsible positions;
• Two or more years management experience in a medical facility offering full acute care;
• CEH certified through IEHA, or CHESP certified through AHE;
• Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
• Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet production/service goals while adhering to safety policies and rules;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by senior management, customers and/or employees;
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills;
• Exceptional customer service skills;
• Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team, customers and public;
• Advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
• Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business, operational and strategic management problems;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
Bachelors in Business Administration or related field
A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
CEH or CHESP Certified
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Utilizing keyboard
• Viewing computer screen
• Bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting and reaching
• May require climbing ladders and/or step stools
• Standing and walking
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
Some of the work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise. The remainder of the work is in a prison healthcare facility with specialized needs for security and environmental control.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Software Powered by iCIMS