PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Buyer II
Job Code: M56 - PR-Buyer II
HR Title Group: Customer Service and Procurement
Salary Grade: N18
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: March 2022
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under general supervision, the Buyer II purchases goods, services, equipment, and supplies critical to the success of all PRIDE Industries’ businesses. Employees in this job classification possess the business acumen to negotiate effectively and maintain profitable relationships. This job requires knowledge of materials purchased, purchasing best practices, and procedures.
1. *Processes purchase orders for parts, components, goods, services, equipment, and supplies in support of customer requirements. Follows established procedures and policies to contact vendors, obtain quotes, choose suppliers, place orders and expedite or escalate orders when needed. Enters and maintains PO information in PRIDE’s and customer’s system, as required.
2. *Partners with internal and external customer teams, and freight forwarders to ensure accurate recording of procured products in financial systems. Tracks open purchase orders and resolves discrepancies related to price changes, missing products, damaged shipments, product returns and billing errors. Uses problem solving skills to work directly with vendors to obtain status updates and problem resolution.
3. *Actively communicates and corresponds with internal and external customers regarding order confirmation, problems, issues, and notices. Provides accurate information, resolves problems, or routes to appropriate personnel. Communicates timely updates via internal and customer systems and tools.
4. *Works closely with Accounting and Receiving Departments to resolve issues and ensures accuracy and timeliness of the Procure-to-Pay process.
5. *Collaborates with PRIDE business planners to ensure vendor part pipeline alignment to demand, utilizing order reschedule signal reports. Optimizes inventory weeks-of-supply by executing cancellations, expedites, and/or order push-outs. Uses knowledge of systems and tools to set and maintain order intervals consistent with ABC inventory objectives.
6. *Develops and provides management with meaningful metrics for procurement team and supplier performance, ongoing and as requested. Metrics include, but are not limited to, procurement team performance (PO placement TATs, acknowledgment percentages to TAT goal, delivery performance and team cost avoidance/cost savings) reported by business aggregate, by supplier, by customer, if appropriate.
7. *Actively participates and may present data in department and customer meetings. Collaborates and engages with customer key personnel to ensure alignment at supplier relationship and performance levels. Engages in product and part lifecycle event planning and preparation, as well as supplier performance management activities. Escalates as needed.
8. *Collaborates with appropriate internal and external customers to ensure all procurement supporting lifecycle event activities are complete and support overall New Product Introduction, part roll, and end of life supply, meeting milestone target dates.
9. *Creates and maintains Strategic Supplier balance scorecards and provides performance narrative, which include corrective action plans when warranted.
10. *Engages in procurement projects and training.
11. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• Three years of experience in inventory, purchasing and/or accounts payable/receivable;
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment, optimizing high-quality and most cost-effective procurement sourcing decisions;
• Works alongside the Electronics Category Managers to ensure proper planning and procurement of materials to support production schedule and customer requirements.
• Utilizes the ERP system and/or other planning tools to review MRP requirements and/or historical trends and proposes new buys and inventory replenishments. (Experience required with an ERP system. Infor LN knowledge and experience are preferred but not necessary)
• Experience working in a Service Support Supply Chain environment;
• Familiarity with Lifecycle planning events (NPI, part roll, discontinuance, and end of life support);
• Experience participating and leading projects aimed at providing balance results (E.g., cost reduction without compromising customer service level);
• Progress toward APIC preferred;
• Familiarity with purchasing, and procurement processes and practices, and the manufacturing environment;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by management, team, vendors and/or customers;
• Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and internal customers;
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
• Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business problems;
• Demonstrated customer service, common sense, problem solving and analytical skills;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Viewing computer screen/monitor
• Utilizing keyboard
• Answering phone/making calls
Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Software Powered by iCIMS