Job: Accounts Payable Specialist II
Job Code: X63 - PR-Accounts Pay Spec II
HR Title Group: Accounting and Finance
Salary Grade: N17
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: November 2021
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under general supervision the Accounts Payable Specialist II provides accounts payable processing and audit support to the Accounting Department. Employees in this job class compile data regarding amounts owed from purchase orders; code invoices; record transactions; and maintain payment records. This job requires knowledge of accounting processes and procedures; and the ability to process a high volume of detailed work; explain requirements and procedures to staff, vendors and customers; and operate a computer to look up and enter information.
1. *Reviews invoices and purchase orders from internal and outside vendors, assigns codes and enters data to the general ledger and expense accounting systems.
2. *Processes approved invoices for payment and maintains vendor account electronic and hard copy records.
3. *Verifies that information on purchase orders matches invoice data.
4. *Processes month end close and audit documents and verifies that all invoices and expenses are captured.
5. *Responds to internal and external customer inquiries and resolves or escalates issues appropriately.
6. *This generally requires explaining policies or procedures, researching data and copying or reprinting documents, taking notes, and providing follow-through.
7. *Verifies and requests maintenance of vendor accounts as needed.
8. *Provides regular training and communications to internal managers and staff regarding processes and procedures.
9. *Processes government contract commissions.
10. *Processes company-wide expense reports and petty cash reports for assigned sites.
11. *Reconciles data for month-end reporting.
12. *Researches and determines reasons for un-cashed accounts payable checks and escalates to AP
13. *Supervisor or manager for appropriate action such as placing a stop payment
14. *Reconciles company credit card purchases to master billing reviewing, coding and ensuring compliance with company policy.
15. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
•Two or more years of experience in accounts payable, receivable or bookkeeping
•Skill to operate a computer keyboard and 10-key by touch
•Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, vendors and others
•Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English
•Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team
•Effective customer service skills
•Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Products
•Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
•Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and common-sense skills
•High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
High School Diploma or GED
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
•Viewing computer screen/monitor
•Utilizing keyboard and mouse
•Answering phone/making calls
•Sitting for long periods
Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Software Powered by iCIMS