Job: PC Support Tech
Job Code: 611 - LA-PC Support Tech
SCA Occup: 14160 Personal Computer Support Technician
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: August 2020
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under general supervision, provides support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals.
1. * Installation, configuration, and maintenance of software, including server and desktop computer operating systems.
2. * Perform Technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages.
3. * Configuration, installation, maintenance, and support of desktop computer equipment including PCs, monitors, printers, scanners, tablet computers, cell phones, etc.
4. * Troubleshoot computer problems, perform hardware and software diagnostics, coordinate needed repairs, resolve computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participate in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
5. * File server administration and backup within the scope of Department of Defense regulations.
6. * End-user training, support, and assistance regarding desktop software applications; provide problem solving, time-saving solutions to clients.
7. * Coordination with off-site vendors for maintenance and repair of networking and internet hardware and services.
8. * Management of printing systems and supplies.
9. * Assist with asset management and hardware inventory.
10. * Liaison between end-user community, Information Management Officers, and the Network Enterprise Center where applicable.
11. * Operate, troubleshoot, and problem solve regarding issues that may arise with MS Windows and wireless devices.
12. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
- One or more years of desktop and systems support experience in diverse IT environments;
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, especially for Windows and wireless devices;
- Knowledge of and skill to operate the applications supported, which include Windows, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Office Professional, ActivIdentity, Symantec Backup Exec, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Effective oral communication skills for explaining technical information to end- users, and for guiding users to identify and resolve system issues;
- Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle multiple, competing demands at the same time;
- Customer service skills to act responsively to customer inquiries and requests, and escalate appropriately;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and clients;
- Demonstrated organizational and common-sense skills.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
CompTIA A+ Modules
CompTIA Network +
Secret Security Clearance
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Bending, stooping, reaching
• Monitoring computer systems
• Viewing computer screens
• Using a keyboard
• Using a phone
• Communicating with computer users to resolve computer related problems
• Lifting and moving computers, printers & office equipment up to 50 pounds
Work is primarily performed at a customer’s location in an office / shop environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise and/or noise from equipment. Transporting to locations with the work site may be required. Employees may also be exposed to extreme cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Software Powered by iCIMS