Job: Commissary Supervisor
Job Code: P78 - AN-Supvr Commissary
Salary Grade: NSF
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: August 2017
There are direct reports with this position.
Under broad supervision, the Commissary Supervisor supervises a commissary and oversees activities related to product and material receiving, handling, stocking and inventory control. Employees in this job class establish priorities, organize, assign and schedule work, and oversee staff in its completion. This job requires knowledge of operational processes and procedures within a distribution environment; and the ability to organize and establish work processes, and provide a full range of staff supervision.
1. *Oversees the receiving, handling, stocking and inventory of product and material within a commissary, including supervising work activities and monitoring work-flow to meet operational goals;
2. *Schedules and prioritizes work, establishes workflow, and ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
3. *Supervises employees; ensures a competent, motivated team through hiring, training, development, counseling and reviewing the performance of employees.
4. *Implements and monitors operational processes and reinforces Company policies, practices, procedures, and attainment of operating goals
5. *Develops and tracks key performance indicators within the operation.
6. *Reports regularly to management regarding operational matters and status.
7. *Oversees staff allocation and utilization, including assessing the need for overtime or temporary workers.
8. *Works in concert with other supervisory staff to ensure overall organizational objectives are met.
9. *Cross-trains employees as appropriate to ensure daily back up and coverage of departmental functions.
10. *Conducts and participates in a variety of departmental and other meetings on a regular basis;
11. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• Three or more years of experience in elements of shipping, receiving, quality control, and scheduling, including one year in a supervisory role;
• Knowledge of supply chain management concepts, standard processes, and procedural and process mapping;
• Experience operating a forklift, RF Scan Gun, Pallet Ryder and other material handling equipment;
• Knowledge of Cal OSHA and OSHA occupational safety regulations
• Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, preferred;
• Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
• Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet production/service goals while adhering to safety policies and rules;
• Effective oral and written communication skills using appropriate business English;
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational, common sense and problem solving skills;
• Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team and customers;
• Effective customer service skills;
• Intermediate computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
• Knowledge of business English including vocabulary and spelling;
• Fundamental mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Ability to establish priorities and solve operational problems;
• Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical
demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering in and around the commissary
• Bending, crouching, kneeling, squatting, stooping, and reaching
• Lifting and/or carrying up to 25 pounds
• Pulling and/or pushing up to 75 pounds
• Grasping both small & large objects
• Climbing/standing on ladders, step stools, and/or rolling stairs
• Coordinating skills to place and rotate products on shelf
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements.
Work is performed in a commissary, warehouse, or distribution environment with forklifts, material handling and production equipment. May be exposed to noise from equipment and depending on external weather conditions exposure to heat, cold, wind, and rain.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Software Powered by iCIMS