PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: On Boarding Specialist
Job Code: W69 - PR-On Boarding Specialist
HR Title Group: HR, Payroll & Training
Salary Grade: E13
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approval Date: August 2021
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision, the Onboarding Specialist facilitates the onboarding experience by acclimating the new hire to PRIDE Industries culture and transition into their new role. Employees in this job class are responsible for ensuring new hire paperwork is complete; confirming new employees are enrolled in new employee orientation, facilitating in-person and virtual new employee orientations and other new hire training requirements within the first 90 days of employment; and partner with other departments to ensure the new hire has all the necessary tools and information to hit the ground running on day one. This job class requires the ability to work with various departments in PRIDE understanding and following the necessary processes and procedures in order to facilitate a smooth start for new employees; a good working knowledge of labor laws and experience with Human Resources, payroll and timekeeping practices.
1. *Facilitates the transition from applicant to employee. Communicates with new employees prior to their start date regarding onboarding logistic items to include documents needed for new hire paperwork, IT equipment needed, payroll/timekeeping setup, I-9 documentation and for remote workers office set up and expense reimbursement. Collaborate with various departments to ensure a smooth start for all new hires.
2. *Emails and or answers questions from new hires with details about the company, including parking information, first day work schedules, and dress codes.
3. *Ensures new hires have information regarding PRIDE, mission, culture, history, EE portal Facebook Page etc.
4. *For Roseville Campus - Provides campus tour, introduces team members, and maintains contact within the first 90 days of employment to increase employee engagement and retention.
5. *For Roseville Campus - Administers and coordinates new hire paperwork with our HR team. Working with HR Team ensures completion of new hire paperwork and any pre/post-employment checks.
6. *For Roseville Campus - Partner with hiring managers to develop an onboarding training plan for new team members beyond their first 90 days.
7. *Ensures new hires have the necessary technical assistance to set up their hardware and software.
8. *Coordinates and ensures new employees are enrolled in all necessary training such as new employee orientation and a variety of other Human Resources classes.
9. *Facilitates virtual and in-person training to include onboarding, new employee orientation, and other applicable human resource classes.
10. *Evaluate and consistently improve the onboarding program, while ensuring program scaling with company growth.
11. *Research creative and best practices for new hire experience and propose upgrades to senior HR management.
12. *Collect and evaluate survey data on the new hire experience.
13. *Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
•One or more years of experience facilitating communication on human resources subjects;
•Experience as an on boarding specialist or another similar role preferred; Superior communication skills, and ability to connect with all levels/departments of the company;
•Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times;
•Strong technical skills; previous experience with HR systems a plus;
•An ability to work independently to manage multiple ongoing projects and programs with high attention to detail and organizational skills;
•High sense of confidentiality regarding management of sensitive information;
•Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, TEAMS);
•Proficient in operating a desktop and laptop computer, audio/visual equipment, navigating software applications and other necessary audio-visual equipment needed for training;
•Strong command of the English language for both oral and written communication, correspondence with management and co-workers;
•Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication for listening, engaging, understanding, developing, and collaborating with internal and external customers;
•Knowledge of business writing and etiquette to include vocabulary, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
•Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
•Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business problems;
•Demonstrated customer service, common sense, problem solving and analytical skills;
•Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
Bachelors- Communications or related field
A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
•Viewing computer screen/monitor
•Answering phone/making calls
Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise. Employees may be required to work in excess of 8 hours in a day and/or 40 hours per week.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Software Powered by iCIMS